Finding amazing deals is all about research, timing, and flexibility and if you have this there is no reason why you can’t see more of the world then what these borders of fifty states have to offer for less then it would cost you to go from Dallas to Los Angeles. Finding amazing deals is what I do I am truly a beast when it comes to researching the internet and finding amazing vacations for amazing prices. I suppose I would be the equivalent for travel as a fashion buyer is for boutique stores. As a former homeschooling stepmom I had no clue about this world of traveling and how affordable it actually can be, had I known then I would have made it my business to save up so that we as a family could at least once during their school years expose them to an International experience, but the Lord knows when these things should take place and clearly it wasn’t time. But the reason why I say homeschoolers have a greater advantage then those in the mainstream population is for these 3 reasons.
- Flexibility in time – Homeschoolers aren’t limited to taking vacation only during the summers or major holidays. For travelling these are the WORST times to travel price wise because everyone knows just like that “must have” amazing toy during the year everyone is looking for, that sellers can mark their prices up for top dollar because lets face it we know that on December 26th that must have toy for the big day is going to go down in its value considerably once the day is up. Yet, even though we know this it is worth it for some of us Americans to pay the extra just so that we can see our children light up as they unwrap the toy they didn’t think they would get for Christmas. Well, imagine how much better giving your children exposure to Paris, London, Israel, Africa or Australia would be? A life changing experience that they will not soon forget. I still remember the first cruise I ever took at the tender age of six years old, but couldn’t tell you all the toys that I received that same year. Go figure! Homeschooling families with parents that can opt to choose their vacation time can take advantage of off season traveling at any given moment.
- Flexibility in location – You’re not talking about going to Disney World or Disneyland in the U.S. at least, but you’re talking about traveling abroad. We’re not talking about visiting Aunt Mable in Florida or Uncle Tom in Wyoming, but traveling over the BIG water and trust me planes are looking for a means to fill those seats, this becomes a homeschool court advantage as traveling becomes a part of the curriculum. An opportunity to take the classroom in the air and over the seas so that as a family you can look, taste, feel, touch and hear the sounds that you have studied in a book or on the web upclose and personal. This means it doesn’t matter where you go over the waters, only that you go and this type of flexibility is available for all reasonable budgets. Having a little creativity will go along way to creating a traveling adventure that you and your family won’t soon forget.
- Taking home on the road – When traveling with children you’re used to living in shared spaces and well this becomes a great advantage with accommodations. Airbnb provides an amazing opportunity for you to not only save money on accommodations but gives you amenities that are just like home many sporting washers and dryers and full kitchens with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms. Making maneuvering in home spaces much easier and affordable. As eating out can be pricey for two but for four or more could break any budget. However homeschoolers are use to being happy campers and while experiencing food abroad is a part of the experience a couple of eat out meals will accommodate that need and stocking your fridge will make a far less dent in your budget. By being willing to share or rent a home abroad you will be pleasantly surprised at the nice amenities that are available to you and enjoy the privacy it gives to families to be able to enjoy one another without the concerns that comes with staying in hotels. Beware, while with research this is a great alternative, but only for the one who is willing to do their due diligence in research. You can have a nightmare of an experience without doing so. Always bear in mind if the deal sounds too good to be true well it usually is.
These are just a few reasons why homeschooling families interested in traveling abroad can do so while spending less to travel abroad then they would from the east to the west coast of their own country. I have never planned an international trip for a homeschool family, but would absolutely love to. I take it as a personal challenge that I would like to meet. So if these three aspects of traveling with your family doesn’t scare you then I would be honored to plan your family adventure. Submit to me your bid so we can get you started today! If you would like more travel tips that can help you craft your own traveling itinerary and much, much more including how to videos and travel preparation materials then be sure to join my TC travel club. You will also be the first to know about any specials or discounts that I offer for my services or products. Joining is absolutely free for now, so get in while you can to this exclusive traveling club and start planning your next adventure today!
So you want to take a trip, somewhere, anywhere! Anywhere beyond the four walls of your home, your job, and everything else familiar to your life, but there is only one fatal flaw, EXPENSE! More affordable then ever you can travel not only nationally but internationally to see new things and experience something other then your surroundings. Sometimes a fresh prospective requires a fresh environment to explore. Tap into your creative side by sprinkling a little inspiration in your life. Nothing is more inspiring then traveling on new adventures and experiencing life abroad, afar from your daily worries or concerns.
Grab a sheet of paper and right down at least 5 places that you would like to visit. It can be anywhere in the world. You have played it safe your entire life don’t choose now to be the time that you play it safe, take a risk. There is nothing that removes the mundane in life quite like taking a leap of faith in stretching yourself beyond your comfort zone. Allow the place you want to go to be your motivation that will propel you into the extra hours you will work to get just a little bit more spending money as well as get in good favor with some of your fellow workers when you need to switch days off so that you can take this trip of a lifetime. If you’re not married then create a traveling friends club. Remember you are looking for someone adventurous not the person who will spend the kind of money you will spend on a trip across the waters only to want to stay in the hotel room watching t.v. all day. The appropriate companions will be essential.
Perhaps a cruise is more your speed? Join the Critique travel advisor to find out how you can save a ton of money on cruises, even for balconies and suites. But the tip of the day will be on cheap flights. This too is a great option for travel and with the right resources can be done at a steal of a deal. Bottomline, is get ready, get set, and most importantly go!
Now that you have where you want to go locked in, the next step is to know from where you are leaving. if you are leaving from a major city then you should be ashamed you didn’t think of this sooner, however, if you live quite a distance from a major city then you have to broaden your horizons because some driving will be involved. If you are a distance from a major cruise port this too means a few extra steps may be required but do not fret the tip I am providing you in this article will help you to get on course.
Once you have narrowed down your list of exotic places you would like to explore, or if you are real adventurous and just want to get a way then your opportunities have just expanded as Airfare Watchdog is a website that is based on bringing endless opportunities to your mailbox, email box that is. Find out real time information and rules of engagement for booking your once or twice, or three in a lifetime dream vacation. Participating is as simple as:
1) Whether your adventure starts in the air or on water for many of us an airplane trip will be the most convenient mode of transportation. Should you find the need to use this mode of transportation then these updates in your mailbox will prove to be most beneficial. While I know, I know, many of us are inundated with junk mail coming in our inbox on a regular basis if you are a travel or potential travel explorer trust me seeing the fabulous deals that come about fresh off the press this e-mail update will be much like receiving a gift in your inbox. It is not unexpected that one can find flights as low as $49 round trip, and the very first bill that must be paid and to take advantage of the good sales it will require that you have the lump sum available all at once so depending on how far your adventure will take you try to save at least $700 and anything that comes in for less consider the balance as a travel gift card because trust me it will be used. So getting these updates will get you started. Also you are not bound by your dream vacation should you find a round trip ticket to Bora Bora for instance for $500 or less make that the next spot on your hitlist.
2) Pick the nearest major airports near you, or at least the ones you’re willing to drive or take a bus too. Airfare watchdog allows you to customize your search based on the airports you are willing to leave from. The great news is when you get your e-mail updates they will also throw in at the bottom any hot sales available from other airports near you.
3) Found what you like? Pick dates around the rules required to get that price. Unfortunately, if you are going to get the good deals you are going to have to be flexible. So if this is your plan for travel then I wouldn’t put in for vacation just yet, wait until you have found your flight and if you have a job that limits your travel time then also keep that in mind when reserving your plane ticket as these are nonrefundable especially if you do not have insurance. But for sure you won’t have a lot of time to lock in that favorable price so as much information as you can find out about vacation days available to you from your job the better. Because once that deal comes in you have just enough time to book it. All the information you need to get the price you are looking at is provided for you including when travel must start, when it ends, and the airline providing it. Also as you can see this particular deal is sold out. So the best I can say is as soon as you see an update in your e-mail make it a priority to scan the offerings and pick your trip. If everything meets your qualifications then a space is provided for you on the site to take you directly to your deal.
If Israel is your dream vacation then sign up with The Critique to find out how you can travel like a native in the Holy Land. Save a bundle and experience Israel through the people and like you are a resident and my video documentary is like a how-to video that will show you what you need to do from beginning to end.